A number of local options exist for making charitable donations:
- Drop off your shoes or clothing at the two Planet Aid boxes located in the Sunoco station located directly across Gallows Rd.
- Donate to the Salvation Army or any number of local thrift stores such as Unique Thrift store located on Gallows Rd. just past Lee highway.
- Schedule for the pickup of certain items by the Purple Heart or Habitat For Humanity.
- Food For Others
- the largest distributor of free food directly to people in need in
Northern Virginia, provides the assistance vitally needed by our
unemployed and low-income neighbors. They are located on Prosperity Ave. just a few miles from our neighborhood.
- Habitat for Humanity also has a couple of "ReStores" in northern Virginia that accepts gently used furniture, home accessories, appliances and building materials.